Life Ministry Coaching is an expression of the ministry of Rev. Ken G. Crawford, pastor at Forest Grove Christian Church since 2002. Since 2003 we have had an intentional ministry formation training program within the church for equipping staff for a lifetime of ministry. After nine years, we are excited to offer this opportunity to clergy and laity, regardless of their connection to this or another congregation.
Coaching can be done individually or in groups. An initial exploratory conversation will determine whether there is potential for a good working relationship between the coach and prospective person being coached [PBC]. Coaching can cover a wide array of areas of life where you may desire to:
- Clarify and pursue your goals,
- Improve your relationships,
- Develop in your career
- Enhance your communication skills,
- Explore new opportunities before you,
- Consider a change of direction in your life,
- Grow in your spiritual life,
- Discover and pursue your unique ministry and life purpose
- Increase peace and well being in your life,
In the group format, we will offer separate groups for clergy and laity (a religious word for non-clergy). Each group will follow a similar format structured as follows:
- Commitment to participation for a 6-9 week Unit – (Fall, Winter, Spring) which includes
- Establishment of learning goals for personal or professional growth
- Weekly 2 hour group meeting which will include:
- Prayer and other spiritual formation exercises
- Presentation by the group facilitator
- Group discussion of the presented material
- Individual sharing of personal growth areas
- Weekly readings (averaging 5-20 pages)
- Weekly written reflection (2-5 pages)
- Participation in an online discussion group
- Three one-on-one coaching sessions with the group facilitator
This is serious work, requiring a commitment of time and energy and money. Admission to the program assumes this commitment to self and the group. It is estimated that participants will spend 5 hours per week between group participation and personal prayer, reading and reflection. Tuition for these groups varies per unit and covers the cost of time, materials and facilities in addition to the coach’s fee. Partial scholarships are available based upon need; state your request with your application.
How to apply:
Groups will be formed with consideration to those who are most likely to benefit from the experience and contribute meaningfully to the process. If you would like to participate, please submit a written statement describing your journey that has brought you to this point, what questions or topics you hope to better understand, and how you hope to grow.
With your statement, please provide the following:
- Your name, mailing address, email and phone
- Your Church affiliation if any
- References – two names (with contact information) who can speak to how you might participate in a group experience of this sort. Giving them a copy of this information would be helpful.
This information can be emailed to email@example.com.
Visit www.kengcrawford.com/lifeministrycoach/ for more information and to fill in our contact form.